Saturday, September 24, 2011

The birds and the bees.... WAIT, WHAT, ALREADY?!

So I always thought kids didn't ask the "where do babies come from" question until they were like 8...
Well, while painting my daughters nails today she asked me those very 5 words and I was stumped..
I thought I had 4 more years to prepare a whole speech..
So what comes out of my mouth?!
What do I say in this awkward moment?!
"Um lets ask daddy when he gets home" haha
At least I bought myself a couple hours to figure out what we are going to tell her....
Let the contemplating begin...

1 comment:

  1. So, I thought about it and this is what I told her..
    "Babies come from.. Mommy's tummies."
    And to my surprise she was very satisfied with that answer and then asked...
    "Can I go play in my sand box?!"
    "Of course you can honey :)"
    Man oh man thank goodness this time it was that easy!
    And thank God for that awesome sandbox that caught her eye :)

    ReplyDelete