Thursday, January 13, 2011

Love.

I step out of the shower (and if you are a mom you know once you have kids privacy does not exist unless your better half grants you that luxury, and sometimes your kiddos sneak in and your relaxing shower turns into your kids playing in your makeup or your lotion) and there is G babe staring at me saying, "Mommy, I text you back, you are the best mommy ever. I love you." (then she grabbed my face and gave me a big smooch!) This is what motherhood is all about.
There are times when your sweet angels become their evil twins and raise hell all around the house, the store, the playground, etc. But the moment I just shared about makes all the bad, stressful moments disappear into thin air. 
Becoming a mom was the best thing to ever happen to me. Having lazy sundays with my girls and Mitty, just cuddling in bed, watching kid movies and laughing all together are the days I look forward to most. 
Having my daughters look up at me and smile is priceless and fills my heart with joy.
Granted when you are a mom you have no privacy, you gain some weight, add some stretch marks on your not so perfect body and loose the majority of your social life; you gain so much, so much that the few things I listed don't matter. 
Being a mom is not a walk in the park all the time, and if anyone tells you it is easy just remember it isn't always easy. But the rewards are priceless and you gain the best memories, like the one I gained this morning. G babe, thank you for always knowing how to push my buttons, the good ones and the bad ones. You are mommy's world! 
My journey through motherhood has just begun and I look forward to all the obstacles, achievements and memories I will gain over the remaining years of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment