Friday, January 27, 2012

Am I really an oldie since I have all the Nsync CDs?!

You know how your parents would ask you if you knew so and so, who was famous when they were a kid and you looked at them like they were idiots and replied,
"No, I have no idea who that is..."'
And they would respond with "Man I'm old!"
Well today, I am 23 years old and I had my FIRST experience of that...
So in the kitchen it was the 8 year old I nanny Daisy Girl and her BFF (FFFFFFF)
(in their mind it means forever forever forever forever forever these kids don't mess around) Natalie. I thought it would be fun to teach the girls MASH (You know the Mansion, Apartment, Shack, House game from when we were 8?!)
So! I taught them how and we got down to husbands so I let them each pick one and then I picked two and
I said "ooo how about Justin Timerberlake!!!"
Both looked at me like I was an idiot,
"You know from Nsync!"
"N-what?!" Daisy said still having that idiot look on her face,
"OH NO! You don't know Nsync? Okay how about the back street boys?!"
"Katie, we don't know what those things are, we know the Beatles"
LOL "Of course you know who the Beatles are but I'm sorry they aren't from when I WAS A KID!"
These girls don't know my JT (whom I had a poster of in my bed room and yes I carved "I <3 JT love Mrs. JT") And then they thought I was a kid when the BEATLES WERE AROUND! WHAT?!
I guess it is safe to say I am not as 'cool' as I thought I was and I am definitely MUCH older to these 8 year old's then I feel...
(quick side note, pretty sure JT is still GOOOOOD LOOKING! and Back Street Boys just went on tour, so really am I that old?!??! Or am I now classified as one of those "oldies" that will follow these bands and go to all 4 of the 'farewell tours' and my kids never even know who they are?! I guess one will find out in a couple years... But I believe I already have my answer.... ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment